Edge Press is excited to announce the release of our first DVD series featuring Johnella Bird’s teaching ideas and practices.
Constructing Narratives To Make A Difference is a set of three one-hour DVDs and an accompanying 38-page workbook in a lecture style format, in which Johnella answers and speaks to some of the key questions and dilemmas commonly raised by participants at her teaching intensives.
To purchase or to find out more information please visit cybersoul.co.nz.
Throughout the DVDs Johnella utilises individual, couple and family work examples to demonstrate the following practices:
- Relational language-making.
- The difference between relational languaging, externalising and internalising.
- Moving beyond truth positions.
- Present-moment experience (this includes beginning a conversation around difference, such as gender and cultural differences).
- The experiential nature of talk.
- Using the imagination as a resource.
- Stepping away from binary positions and creating change-making possibilities.
For those counsellors who have been unable to see Johnella’s work in person, this series is an inspirational resource to bring alive the ideas she discusses in her books, The Heart’s Narrative and Talk That Sings.
For those practitioners more familiar with Johnella’s work, the DVDs and detailed workbook provide an integrated teaching tool that will expand everyday counselling skills and enhance practice.